University Negros Occidental-Recoletos Bacolod City
Foundation of the Occidental Negros Institute in Talisay town by Drs. Antonio Lizares and Francisco Kilayko. WW II atrocities stopped its operations in December 1941.
The owners re-opened the school but this time somewhere is Luzuriaga and Locsin Sts. In Bacolod.
All colleges and Department were transferred to the 5-hectare Land at Lumpit Subdivision.
May 15, 1957
It became University of Negros Occidental.
May 25, 1962
The school administration was taken over by the Recollects, appending ‘Recoletos’ to its name (hence, UNO-R).
Construction of the three-storey administration building; Construction of the Four-storey Commence building.
Laying down of the triad on which the University rests today: academics, research and community extension.
Consolidation of academic programs; Establishment of amicable relation between the administration and the University Union.
Modernization and addition of academic programs.
Structures built: St. Ezekiel Diaz Moreno Building, two mini-gymnasiums and new University Auditorium.
Granted deregulated status by the CHED.
Blessing and inauguration of the Mauricio Ferrero Hall
1962 Federico Teradillos
1964 Salvador Legra
1967 Antonio Marinez
1970 Jose Ma. Juango
1973 Felix Ortega
1976 Melquiades Modequillo
1982 Mauro Ambubuyog
1985 Jose Antonio Rodrigalvarez
1995 Constantino Real
1997 Hermenegildo Ceniza
2003 Bernard amparado
2006 Demetrio Peñacoza
2008 Sixto Ciriaco Bitangjol
ABOUT THE AUTHOR