Oratory of St. Nicolas of Tolentine Bacolod City

August 20, 1993               

Bishop Camilo Gergorio of Bacolod decreed that the University chapel of UNO-R be converted into an Oratory (can 1224), and lasting for 25 years.

September 10, 1996       

Fr. Rene Paglinawan, then vicar provincial, led the groundbreaking ceremony for the construction of the present structure designed by the late national artist, Leandro Locsin.

April 12, 1998   

Solemn blessing and dedication of the Oratory, presided by Bishop Gregorio who granted it the privilege of the administering the sacraments reserved to parishes and keeping “parish books”.


1998       Don Besana

2003       Jay Parilla

More posts about:

Frei Bo

Frei Bo

Priest-Religious of the Order of Augustinian Recollects, Province of St. Ezekiel Moreno. Webmaster.