RFC Formands instituted as Lectors and Acolytes
Mira Nila Homes, QUEZON CITY– On the occasion of the Feast of St. Rita of Cascia, eight (8) formands were instituted to the Ministry of Lectors and two (2) to the Ministry of Acolytes during the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass at the St. Thomas of Villanova Chapel, Recoletos Formation Center, last May 22, 2021.
Fray Dionisio Q. Selma, the Prior Provincial of St. Ezekiel Moreno, presided over the Holy Eucharist and the Institution to the Ministries. He reminded the seminarians of the importance of the two ministries – the Ministry of Lectors and the Acolytes – in preparation for the priesthood. The said ministries take a significant role in the growth and maturity of the formands as they journey towards the fulfillment of their vocation as future priests of the Church.
The brothers who were instituted to the Ministry of Lector were:
- Fray Mark Joseph F. Quirante, OAR
- Fray Joseph Neil E. Baygan, OAR
- Fray James G. Esplanada, OAR
- Fray Judd C. Galinato, OAR
- Fray Mc Airel S. Capinpin, OAR
- Br. Russel G. Gumobal (Emmanuel Servants of the Holy Trinity)
- Br. Gilmore E. Malonhao (Order of St. Benedict Celestines)
- Sem. Felix Prospero S. Cunanan V (Diocese of Tandag)
Likewise, the brothers who were instituted to the Ministry of Acolyte were:
- Fray Neil Joseph M Alilain, OAR
- Br. William Julao, Jr. (Apostolic Vicariate of Taytay Palawan)
Formators of Recoletos Formation Center (RFC) also concelebrated in the Eucharistic Celebration to witness the institution to the ministries of the aforesaid formands.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Fray Jhoben Rodriguez, OAR